In the Philippines, Holy Thursday is celebrated by Filipino Catholic by attending the mass and witness the re-enactment of " Jesus washing the feet of the apostles". The significance of this event would sum up to TOTAL HUMILITY. If we only have the virtue of humility then, the world will be a better place to live. Let me be the first one to admit that I am guilty too. Sometimes, we are so arrogant to say sorry because we are determined to make even to those who hurt us. The human side is always winning. Following Jesus way seemed too much for us to respond. We are only human and that is often times our excuse. But, we are reminded during LENT to consider the invitation of Jesus. Embrace humility in our daily activities:
- Say sorry if you are at fault and strive to be good.
- Acknowledge that you make mistakes and correct your actions.
- Controlling your temper is a sign of humility.
- When you are caught in the traffic jam, calm down.
- If someone is mad at you, stay out of trouble. Let it cool down.